cooper dot se.

this page is called cooper.se because it represents much of my thought since studying for a semester in sweden in the spring of 2005. this thought process has continued on down to the beginnings of my real adult life....what comes next? let's talk about it....and many other things of course.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

as long as grass grows.

I don't completely know what the title of this entry is supposed to mean. I am amazed, astounded and shocked at the news this week. twin tragedies. unspeakable grief.





I wish I had something amazing and/or poignant to say about these, but I am just shocked at the state of our world. I can't understand it.

....why do I sometimes get the feeling that I had a role to play in the unspeakable horrors of this world? maybe I do in some cosmic and spiritual way. I do not know....

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, September 02, 2005 8:49:00 AM, Blogger Bassam Sebti said…

    Hey cooper,
    I read your comment on my blog and I wish you were able to see Baghdad previously.

    I feel like you. What the hell is going on in this world? A disaster after the other as if heaven cursed us. I was in my office when I read the news of the stampede in Baghdad and the moment I read the news, I started shouting, "a disaster, a disaster!". Everyone came and we all saw the tragedy live on TV. Can you imagine someone among this crowd to tell them that there was a suicide bomber among them. It is really a disaster, a big disaster. Oh my God! Life in Baghdad became so difficult and hard. We have money but we lose security and safety. Can you imagine that I feel I will be killed at any moment just because I work in an American company? Can you imagine that I feel I will be threatened in any moment?
    Anyway, I saw what happened in the US concerning the hurricane and I said to myself, "no way, these people do not deserve that."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home