cooper dot se.

this page is called cooper.se because it represents much of my thought since studying for a semester in sweden in the spring of 2005. this thought process has continued on down to the beginnings of my real adult life....what comes next? let's talk about it....and many other things of course.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Oh the (minor) Joys of Summer

Greetings. I write now as it is about 10 minutes to 7 o'clock in the evening. What have I done today? Oh, not much, I just walked/ran the dogs for about an hour in the 105 degree heat and then decided to mow the lawn and trim the Ash tree in our backyard for the first time in probably over two years. This involved the following:
-Trimming tons of branches with the super powerful loppers.
-Using a chainsaw, one of the greatest inventions in all of human history. Did I mention that it was created by a Swede?
-Climbing a ladder and the tree as high as 20 feet perhaps.
-Firing up the leaf blower to clean everything off the grass.

It feels cool to take a chainsaw to a 2-inch or so thick branch and watch it fall about ten feet to the ground. And finishing everything just feels so good when it is something as visible as half of the branches of a tree coming out.

So, now that I have shared enough of my boring-to-you day, I will be heading up to my housesitting house soon. This is such a beautiful, totally Arizona style house, complete with flat screen hdtv, a pool, king sized bed and one of those cool showers that is part of the room, instead of having a curtain. It's pretty underbar.

That's really enough now. And that book I was reading last post at least changed the way I think about the news and about history, and it may well have changed my life, but I don't know yet. Maybe I'll know that if or when I ever find a !@#$ job!!

Peace and love!

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Blogger a girl said…

    do i have permission? do i really. three posts. oh, okay. well, it's not my fault that I am more timely about my updates than you are!!! oh ... okay.

    ahem. well, so you cut down trees, or something. you and the hawk just love nature.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home