cooper dot se.

this page is called cooper.se because it represents much of my thought since studying for a semester in sweden in the spring of 2005. this thought process has continued on down to the beginnings of my real adult life....what comes next? let's talk about it....and many other things of course.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

and I've finished my interview!

so yesterday, december 9th, I had my day-long interview with teach for america. it was downtown in this beautiful building. ibm donated space for the interview and the boardroom that we were in had a great view of the loop.

the other students I was with were quite nice. we began the day with a sample five-mintue teaching lesson that we each had to prepare. I decided to go first to get it out of the way. I taught everyone the three trigonometric functions, sine, cosine and tangent. it went pretty well. I was glad to have that over with and as the day progressed, more and more relief came over me.

after some lunch at chipotle, I had the last thing, the one-on-one interview, which was good, but sort of weird. to be perfectly honest, I have no idea whether or not I will be accepted. I sort of think that I will be surprised either way.

one thing that I do know is that I really and truly believe in the mission of teach for america: decreasing the huge educational gap in the united states of america. I really do think that I am exactly the kind of person for whom they are looking and I just hope that that really came across yesterday!

I'm going to update this more. really.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home