cooper dot se.

this page is called cooper.se because it represents much of my thought since studying for a semester in sweden in the spring of 2005. this thought process has continued on down to the beginnings of my real adult life....what comes next? let's talk about it....and many other things of course.

Friday, December 30, 2005

arizona, my own alternate universe.

greetings any and all readers. this post comes to you from my parent's master bedroom in lovely oro valley, arizona. it is always somewhat odd to come home to warm, sunny tucson (we live just north of the city), a city in a part of america that whose geography is said to be quite similar to many parts of the middle east including palestine, israel and I imagine even jordan and iraq as well. it is weird to be here not only the weather but also the way of life.

by the end of last semester I was used to living on meager portions of ramen, saltines and the occasional blast of grease and joy in the form of pizza, not to mention once or twice a day hookah and coffee.

so now I am back, not working and am dreaming of what comes after graduation. for now I want to find a job in chicago, seattle, LA, maybe phoenix and maybe tucson. I don't know though. thank the Lord I get to go back to sweden this summer though. joy oh joy.

so after a morning run in the blazing sun, dodging cacti and construction, I have now showered and dressed and will keep reading and sudoking. blessings and thanks for reading, if you are....

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:22:00 PM, Blogger ~Nancy~ said…

    hi Cooper,
    I just found your blog through Haneen's blog...I am an Iraqi student living in the U.S. and I have a blog of my own too discussing mostly Iraq issues.

    as for Arizona, yep it is very similar to Baghdad...I went there for the first time this past summer b/c my sister got into dental school in Phoenix...I really liked it...love the warm (or I guess hot weather), but you can't blame me since I'm from Iraq:)

    I'm also a senior in college this year and I'm hoping that I would get accepted to one of the medical schools that I applied to in the west part of the country since after visiting AZ and San Diego, CA I just loved both and want to live in a similar place...ATL is ok but I don't really like the too many trees we have here!

     
  • At Friday, January 06, 2006 6:13:00 AM, Blogger Bassam Sebti said…

    hey, Hookah! heehee. if Iraq becomes safe one day, i ivite you to smoke Hookah. i made some when i was in the states.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home