cooper dot se.

this page is called cooper.se because it represents much of my thought since studying for a semester in sweden in the spring of 2005. this thought process has continued on down to the beginnings of my real adult life....what comes next? let's talk about it....and many other things of course.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Winter is back....And I am still indecisive

Winter finally decided to return to the Chicago area today. Thoughts are returning to indoor activities. I cannot make up my mind.

I could go to the Steppenwolf and see After the Quake, a play adapted from a book of short stories by one of my favorite authors, Haruki Murakami.

Or I could go to the Old Town School of Folk Music and see an amazing jazz trio The Bad Plus. They are only playing once and the play is only playing until the 19th. What to do, what to do?

Oh that these are the things with which I occupy my mind. No, it's not the only thing, trust me. I am shocked and amazed at what is happening with this cartoon controversy (embassies burned!? Seriously?). I really do not know what to make of it, except that this is a telling example of just how different Western and Islamic cultures are. Anyone who thought they were closer than ever before, what with hopes for a domino effect of democracy and capitalism in Iraq and the Middle East, can forget about that idea.

My mind has also been occupied with computers lately. I am currently enrolled in a class in which we are learning how to use Linux and Python. I am still getting my shell scripts straight with my bashrcs and xinits. Ah, don't ask, this stuff is crazy, I agree with you.

I am a geek. Looking for a job. Not about to get married.

Peace and Love.

Currently Reading
Linux in a Nutshell (Linux in a Nutshell)
By Ellen Siever, Aaron Weber, Stephen Figgins, Robert Love, Arnold Robbins
see related

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger Bassam Sebti said…

    When I went to Chicago few months ago, I thought I will never live there. It was freezing. I wonder how people live in such cold weather.

     
  • At Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    All my relatives from moms side live in Chicago suburbs. My largest impression of them is they they are humourous and racist ("Things are different now that them n******s moved into the neighborhood" one said while I was there)

    Travel is always good. Your dont have to figure it out, it figures itself out in how you live after the experience.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home