cooper dot se.

this page is called cooper.se because it represents much of my thought since studying for a semester in sweden in the spring of 2005. this thought process has continued on down to the beginnings of my real adult life....what comes next? let's talk about it....and many other things of course.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Journalism, North Park, Iraq....Life

First and foremost, my heart goes out to Jill Carroll, an incredible journalist and friend to many here in the blogosphere. Baghdad Treasure has some great posts about what an amazing woman she is. I have been praying for her safety and I know and trust that everyone else is as well. It is really sad to have a name and a face put with the terrible headlines coming out of Iraq, something that happens to Iraqis probably every week. I am so sad about the suffering there. It is good to see that Eid has been a fairly happy time though. That article made me happy.

I have returned to North Park University, home away from home. Or is it now my home?


I usually do think of North Park and Chicago as home, even though my parents are still living in Arizona. Here is our pretty house in Tucson with a sunset behind it.

Now it is time to get back to work, though not until Tuesday. Lots of time to relax and be with friends. This time is also making me realize that I am beginning my last semester in college. This prompts thoughts about my future.

I had the conversation with my parents about what I am going to do after I graduate. I don't really know. I do know that I am ready to be a part of the world and not just part of the North Park bubble. I am ready to be an adult and not an immature college student. But what to do?

I am interested in journalism so today I requested some information about the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State. Something very encouraging about this program is that they realize that not everyone who wants to get a master's degree in journalism will have studied it during their undergraduate education so they offer two programs. One is for those who did journalism for undergrad, and one is for those who didn't, like me. I could go here quite inexpensively since I am still technically a resident of Arizona. I just need to begin thinking about the GRE....

Blessings to all and back to Dostoevsky for me. What do you think of the new look?


Currently Reading
The Idiot (Vintage Classics)
By Fyodor Dostoevsky
see related

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home