cooper dot se.

this page is called cooper.se because it represents much of my thought since studying for a semester in sweden in the spring of 2005. this thought process has continued on down to the beginnings of my real adult life....what comes next? let's talk about it....and many other things of course.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

I Need to Do This.

Blog, that is. I am now settling down in the wonderful city of Chicago, Illinois, "joining the real world," and getting a feel for what life is like after college. I think there is the temptation to want to relive life as it was in college and miss all the great things that life after school has to offer.

It might surprise you to learn that I am living only one block south of the building I lived in as a freshman at North Park University. However, I only really feel the above-mentioned temptation when I am around campus. And believe me, even living one block away from campus is a whole different world. It is really great living in the same neighborhood that I grew to love in college, but to experience it not as a student, but rather as an adult. I still have all my favorite grocery stores and restaurants right at my fingertips.

I don't really know why I am writing this because I don't know who is even going to read it. I do think that I have missed out by not documenting as much of my life on here as I would like to. And I am going to need some help as I begin this post-college life. I don't know what I'm trying to say. I just felt like I needed to make a new post.

Peace.

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Right, the Bahai temple.
    I wonder if I will ever get back there? When You're young you always think there7s plenty of time. As you get older the choices you make will eventually lead somewhere. And you may never return to the same places again...that sounds like some song I heard ;-)
    So one of the choices I made was to come here. And I have been here for 13 years. I don't expect (but how can I know?) to return to the US.

    As the Bahais say, we are world citizens. This may be true for anyone but we still feel an attachment to the land of our parents. I always consider myself an American who grew up in a small Southern town, though I may live here or in another country. This is what being a pioneer is really all about.

    NOW, regarding your blog. I remember living for 2 years in Memphis after I graduated from college. But for me it was dream-like. I didn't yet have a career marked out.

     
  • At Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    People do not blog just that people read what they write. For me it is a extra bonus to see that people are actually reading what I write, and more so when they are motivated to comment. I feel the main motivation for me to blog is the wholeness I achieve when a formulate thoughts and ideas onto paper. (so to speak) It helps me think things through, and resolve certain questions. I do research and it allows me to bring all the information I have gleamed from various sources into one table. It helps me determine where I have to do more reading to fill in the gaps.

    Sometimes I think I should get rid of the sitemeter counter. Just blog for its own sake.

     
  • At Monday, November 19, 2007 11:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home